Working with blocks
Blocks are used like macros, internal structure of block is expanded in place of block. Block can contain other blocks (except himself).
Step 1. Create block diagram
- Open new editor window (File -> New) and create block diagram
- For external connection use PortIn, PortOut components
- Use different port names for inputs and outputs
- Don't use control, interactive and graphics (plots atc.) components in block diagram.
- Save diagram as any other diagram.
Step 2. Configure block
- Open new editor window (File -> New)
- From Signal library drag & drop empty block template to editor
- Select block template and open pop-up menu (right click), select menu item Properties
- Configure block inputs and outputs, use the same names as port names in block diagram.
- Enter diagram block file name (created in previous step) to Diagram field (or use File Open Dialog)
- Optional select icon image for your block (*.svg file)
- Press OK
Step 3. Check block
Check block template connection, if everything is OK, all block terminals are filled (indicates internall conenction to terminal).
Step 4. Use block
Now, you can use block as any other diagram component.